I love a good thermisotto. Honestly it is hands down my absolute favourite dish to create with my Thermomix. Its a bit of a wow dish and its also fast and low maintenance to cook. (Mummy approved!) I make it at least once a week and mix up the ingredients each week; ham and capsicum risotto, chicken spinach and pea risotto, mushroom risotto. If I have paremesan cheese in the fridge I use it but if not I love it just as much without. If you have the TM5 and basic cookbook recipe chip then you can just cook this guided style, adding garlic and onion to the salt cooking step. If not I’ve got my slightly different steps below which you can use manually. Sprinkle on a little porcini mushroom salt (I made the recipe from the festive flavours cookbook) to serve and enjoy with a good glass of wine and some wonderful company or while watching Charlie and Lola with your tired little people 😉
Sweet Potato, Bacon and Pea Dairy Free Thermisotto.
Makes 4 main size serves
1 Brown Onion, peeled and halved
1 Clove of Garlic, peeled
40 gram olive oil
150 grams of diced rindless bacon
340 grams of medium grain rice (aborio)
60 grams of dry white wine (can replace with stock or water but it really makes a big difference to the final flavour!)
1.5 tablespoons of vegetable stock concentrate
150grams of diced sweet potato (around 1cm cubes)
150 grams of frozen baby peas
750gram of water
- Place garlic in bowl and chop for 5seconds on speed 5.
- Add onion and chop for 5 seconds on speed 5.
- Add bacon and oil and cook for 4min at 120C temperature on speed 1 without the measuring cup (you won’t need the measuring cup from here on in).
- Insert butterfly whisk. Add rice and cook for 1min at 120C temperature, reverse blades on speed 1.5.
- Add wine and cook for 2min at varoma temperature, reverse blades on speed 1.5.
- Remove butterfly and use spatula to scrape sides and base of bowl. Add sweet potato, stock paste and water, Stir with spatula then cook for 12min at 100c temperature, reverse blades, on speed 1.5 placing simmering basket on lid instead of measuring cup.
- Add frozen peas and cook for 1 min, 100C temperature, reverse blades on speed 1.5.
- Remove to thermoserver or lidded serving bowl and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
To make a vegetarian option increase the stock paste to 2 tablespoons and add an extra 150grams of vegetables of choice.